Saturday, August 18, 2012

Three Things


So I think my first few posts will just be me, clearing my head of everything that is happening to me at the moment. And maybe with some random thoughts will be thrown in for good measure. Who knows? Thankfully, this is my blog so I can post whatever I want. :) And so far, I am off to a good start. Two posts in a week. Woot! 

Anyway, the second thing I am hoping that this blog will do is help me with my career search. I’m thinking that if I have a good blog going and know the ins and outs of blogging, then maybe I’ll be able to land the job of my dreams, which is… Ok, I have no idea what the job of my dreams is. I know what it may involve, but I don’t specifically have a dream job.

 I know that it involves helping people (especially children) rise above the poverty around them. Not just giving them a fish, but actually taking the time to teach them how to fish so they can have an independent future. Not a future where they have to depend on others to provide for them. Once they have learned how to fish, then they may be willing to teach others around them. Poverty is such a big problem, no matter where you are in the world, but I have learned that even the smallest change can make a big difference. Ever heard of the ripple effect?

I also know that my dream job includes creativity. I would die just sitting at a desk doing mindless tasks for eight hours a day. I want to do something that will stretch my mind and allow me to use my creativity. And if I could work from home after a few years with the company, then that would be great!

I would also love to travel (or get a lot of paid vacation!) Traveling is so much fun. Not only because I get to see different parts of the world, but because I can see different cultures. How people live and do things differently than we do here in Southern California. And collecting things from different countries is fun too!

Aside from these three things, I’m not too sure what else I may be doing in the future. I just know that these are the things I’m passionate (read: madly in love with) and I would love if I could find a job that includes all of the above.

What are you passionate about? What would your dream job be and why? Are you working your dream job now? If you are, tips on how you got there would be very much appreciated!